Before the pandemic hit Brazil, a large Brazilian retail chain already used Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products for their daily activities. As the need for remote work rose with the impact of Covid-19 in the country, the company decided, assisted by Logicalis, to implement Microsoft Teams to enable business continuity during the days of social isolation. By adopting this collaboration solution, the company has ensured employee safety and business continuity, allowing for operations in an adverse scenario and increasing productivity.
- Implement a tool to enable business continuity during the days of social isolation.
- Using a collaboration platform developed internally for internal communications and people management services, the company had already shown interest in using Microsoft Teams before the pandemic, since it could help manage tasks and teams, in addition to meetings and daily activities.
- The benefits seemed promising enough that the retailer started negotiations with Logicalis for project implementation in mid-February 2020.
- Microsoft Teams was initially adopted by two areas that could further take it to other business units: Human Resources and Internal Communications.
- Logicalis and the retailer’s IT team carried out the project expansion according to the needs of each business area: Commercial, Logistics, and Administrative.
- The implementation of Microsoft Teams, which would take up to three months, was concluded in one week because of the pandemic.
- In partnership with Microsoft, Logicalis promoted a series of workshops to guide the company's HR and Internal Communications teams to introduce Teams to other administrative areas within the organisation. The training and video sessions sought to motivate and teach the retailer's employees to explore key features of the tool.
- User guides were provided and were later made available for access on Microsoft Teams itself.
- The migration accommodated more than seven thousand employees so that the retailer could maintain business continuity even at the peak of quarantine adjustments.
- By adopting this collaboration solution, the company has ensured employee safety and business continuity, allowing for operations in an adverse scenario and increasing productivity.
- The technology has further enabled improvements in productivity and document delivery, and, most importantly, live video meetings among employees.
Click here to read the full case study